Keto Cauliflower Fries
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com
I have created keto fries, cauliflower fries that is, they are so yummy you will not even miss regular potato fries that are full of carbs. Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable that I thought, “You know, I bet I can make this into fries that are really delicious.” So, that is what I did. With the inclusion of seasoning, it is the perfect counterpart to any bunless burger or pigs in a blanket. Add some sugar-free ketchup or barbecue sauce and you’ve got a great dinner!
Fries, Fries, Fries
I really don’t care for the jicama fries, radish fries, or turnips fries. The only way for me to have fries again and not eat the carb-laden ones was to create a cauliflower fry recipe. These are baked fries and not done in oil because they are more delicate and would fall apart. However, I always used to bake my fries, way before starting keto.
Get The Kids Involved
You could even get the kids involved with making these because you are rolling the fries out by hand. That would be so much fun for them to roll their own fries out for dinner. I made these with my Keto Pigs in a Blanket, so it was a whole lot of rolling to do for both, but it doesn’t take that long and it was such a treat for my family. They have not had french fries for over a year since we started on keto.
Homemade Vs Store Bought
I did notice that there are cauliflower fries you can buy in the stores now, but they have potato in them and are 15 net grams of carbs per serving. No, thank you! That is too much for me. Mine is only 5 net carbs per serving. I hope that you make this recipe and love it as much as we do.
Update: I said in the video that I will try to freeze these and let you know the results. The results are in and even after 3 months in the freezer, they are still good. 😀
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo-Keto Cauliflower Fries
Keto Cauliflower Fries
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut up the head of cauliflower into florets.
- Cook cauliflower until fork tender (I just put it in the microwave for about 8 minutes).
- Put cooked cauliflower into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place all of the cauliflower onto a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth.
- Make sure that you let the cauliflower cool for a few minutes so you don’t burn your hands in the next step.
- Grab all the corners of the towel, so that the cauliflower is in the center of the towel, and squeeze all the excess water out of the cauliflower.
- To a medium bowl add cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Microwave in thirty-second intervals, stirring after each time you microwave. It will resemble orange putty when it is ready and pull away from the walls of the bowl.
- Add cauliflower to cheese mixture and mix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until dough forms.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll between your hands to make a fry shape.
- The dough could also be added to a zip lock bag or a piping bag and then just pipe out into a fry shape.
- Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- When all the fries are on the cookie sheet, spray with a little bit of cooking spray (olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray).
- Sprinkle with salt and seasoning (optional).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until it starts to brown on the bottom.
- Enjoy with your favorite sugar-free ketchup or barbeque sauce.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.