Blueberry Coconut Popsicles
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com
This is a recipe for blueberry coconut popsicles. If you have been to my site before you know I love ice cream and popsicles. I have made a lot of different keto ice cream recipes and this is another great one to add to the list. However, this one is not just keto, but also dairy-free, paleo, and vegan. So, it can be enjoyed by people doing a lot of different diets. If you love blueberry and coconut this recipe is for you.
Summer Is For Summertime Treats
I love all the summertime treats. Although I have to say, I do not care for the summer season that much. Being a redhead and very fair-skinned, the sun and I just do not mesh well. I got a sunburn just sitting in a car, who does that? So, when I want to cool down, I love to have a tasty ice cream dessert and this recipe really hits the spot.
A Great New Combo
The idea of this flavor combo actually came from a time that my husband and I went to get coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts. Michael heard about this combo at work and suggested we try it. I had never heard of these two flavors paired together before. So, we tried sugar-free blueberry and coconut syrups in our coffee. Oh, wow! It was sooo good. So, I knew I had to make a recipe with these two flavors in it. That is when I came up with the idea for this recipe and I am really glad that I did because it is fabulous.
Try These Other Summer Treats:
Strawberry Ice Cream
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo–Blueberry Coconut Popsicles
Blueberry Coconut Popsicles
Blueberry Layers Ingredients:
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Sweetener if needed
Coconut Layers Ingredients:
- 2 13.66 oz canned full fat coconut milk use the cream only *
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk regular coconut milk in a carton
- Liquid stevia sweeten to taste
- * Place 2 cans of canned coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight to harden up so that the cream rises to the top of the can.
- Blueberry Layer Instructions:
- Place blueberries into a small saucepan. Add water and lemon juice. Heat over medium heat about 3-5 minutes until the blueberries soften and the liquid starts to thicken a bit.
- The blueberries should break apart and become part of the sauce. You can leave some blueberries whole. Mix in sweetener if needed. Set aside to cool completely.
- Coconut Layers Instructions:
- Take cans of coconut milk from the refrigerator that should have been chilling overnight to harden the coconut cream.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the coconut cream from the top of the coconut milk cans and discard the bottom milk part.
- Add coconut milk (this is regular coconut milk from the carton) and liquid stevia to the mixing bowl.
- With a large whisk (or a hand mixer), whisk until smooth.
- In a popsicle mold, spoon in layers of the coconut and blueberry mixtures until all the popsicle molds are filled. Place tops on and freeze overnight.
- Release popsicles from the molds by running them under hot water until the popsicle releases from mold.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.