Keto Double Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com
This is a keto chocolate strawberry cheesecake that will satisfy anyone who loves the combination of chocolate and strawberry. I think that it just pairs so well together.
For the Love of Cheesecake
This also has a strawberry sauce drizzled on top of the cheesecake with a chocolate crust base. I also drizzled a dark chocolate sauce on top, which is optional, but so good. Named a double chocolate cheesecake because it has two types of chocolate in the filling, unsweetened bakers chocolate and dark cocoa powder, to make it extra chocolatey. I have a couple of other cheesecake recipes as well. Check out my Mixed Berry Cheesecake and Turtle Cheesecake recipes on this site.
A Dessert to Share
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching I thought that a combination of chocolate and strawberry was fitting. What better way to have chocolate and strawberry than to make a cheesecake? I didn’t want to put the strawberry into the cheesecake because I thought that it would muddle the chocolate flavor and having it as a drizzle on top makes the strawberry flavor come though so well. It is a great dessert to share with friends or a significant other, whether they are keto or not.
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo-Keto Double Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake.
Keto Double Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
Our recipe of Chocolate Fudge Sauce or you could use sugar free store-bought.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and press into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 6-7 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Reduce oven to 325°F.
- Mix cream cheese and yogurt together with an electric mixer until smooth. If it clumps a bit that means your cream cheese was not softened enough. Put in the microwave for 10 seconds and mix again with the electric mixer. If it is not smooth repeat the last step until it becomes smooth.
- Add sweeteners and blend in until smooth.
- Melt unsweetened bakers chocolate in the microwave for 30-second intervals until just melted. Don’t overheat.
- Mix chocolate into the filling, scraping sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add dark cocoa powder and mix well there should be no streaks of white.
- Taste the mixture at this point to make sure it is sweet enough. If not add more sweetener.
- Add eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the chocolate crust, smooth the top so that it is even across the pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 -25 minutes or until it is mostly solid. The center will be a little wiggly, it will set as it cools.
- Turn the oven off and open the oven door a few inches. Leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool completely.
- When the cheesecake is completely cooled. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Strawberry Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, on medium heat, put all the ingredients in except the sweetener.
- Heat until the strawberries are tender, about 4-5 minutes. Watch when it is cooking so you don't burn the strawberries.
- Mash with a potato masher (if the strawberries are not tender enough to mash with the masher cook a bit longer).
- After you have mashed the strawberries cook for 1 minute more.
- Taste it to see if it needs sweetener, be careful not to burn yourself. If needed, add sweetener, pour into a food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Remove from the food processor, let cool completely if using immediately. You can make this when you make the cheesecake and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the ring from the springform pan. Slide a knife around the pan to loosen it from the ring. Be careful that the cheesecake does not stick to the ring when removing.
- After the cheesecake is out of the ring, put the strawberry sauce in a sandwich baggie snipped with a small hole at the corner or a pastry bag with a fine tip. Draw lines over the cheesecake with the strawberry sauce. You could also just spread a layer of the strawberry sauce if you didn't want to drizzle the sauce over the cheesecake. Both ways would work fine.
- Repeat the same process as above with the chocolate fudge saucePut back in the refrigerator until serving.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.