Homemade Liquid Stevia
If you are tired of paying so much extra for liquid stevia then this recipe is for you. I have used the liquid stevia that I bought off Amazon for a while now, but I wanted a way that I could have it without the really high price. I use more than the average person would use because I am making new recipes for this website. So it would last longer for someone that doesn’t use it that much.
Commercial vs Homemade
Commercial liquid stevia is more shelf-stable and this homemade recipe can separate. It could get cloudy, however, if this happens all you need to do is reheat the stevia liquid in a pot, let it cool, and put it back into your container. I recommend that you store this in the refrigerator. I have been making this recipe for a while now and noticed if it is left out it will form mold in it, yet I have not experienced that when kept in the refrigerator.
Easy and Sweet
I have included links to the glass bottles I use for this. They are amber and don’t let the light in. I have found that this is the best way it should be stored (the same way the bottle that you get from Amazon is darkened plastic). I prefer to use the glass bottle with a dropper for easy use. You can also buy this stevia powder and use smaller measuring spoons to add it to things. I have used this powdered stevia for a while and really like the quality of it. This is a really easy recipe that is oh so sweet. (LOL) I know, corny, but true. 😆 I will still include liquid stevia links in my recipes for people that do not want to make their own.
Find other recipes:
Homemade Liquid Stevia
- 3 Tbsp. organic stevia powder
- 1 cup water
- Pour the water into a medium saucepan.
- Heat water over medium heat.
- Whisk in stevia powder until completely dissolved.
- Cool completely in the saucepan and then transfer to a glass bottle with a dropper.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- If the stevia starts to get cloudy, pour back into a saucepan and repeat instructions again. (You can, of course, use it even if it is cloudy, but if that bothers you all you need to do is reheat it).
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.