Easy Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Thighs
This is an easy, tasty keto Mexican chicken thigh recipe that you will just have to make again and again, I know I do. I love my slow cooker… just set it and forget it until it is time to eat. I don’t think I have an appliance that I love more than my slow cookers. Yes, I said “slow cookers” plural. I have a large one and a small one because some things are better in one and not the other and vice-vera.
As I have said before I have two vegetarians in the house so only my oldest son and I eat the chicken. My husband and youngest son have a vegetarian option and then we pair this with either cauliflower mash or just some steamed vegetables with butter.
I also love Mexican food, so this easy chicken thigh recipe hits on both my loves without all the work. This is the perfect dinner for any day of the week. I LOVE easy dinners and ones, where I have leftovers that I can make another easy dinner, are even better.
I put this in a big family size crock pot, but feel free to cut the recipe in half and use a smaller crock pot. However, if you have to cook anyway why not have leftovers for the next day for dinner or a lunch. It just makes eating keto so much easier and who doesn’t love “easy”?
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo-Easy Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Thighs
- Serves: 8 Pieces about
- Serving size: 1 Thigh
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 18
- Saturated fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 583
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 52
- 3-4 lbs chicken thighs bone in and skin on (about 8 pieces)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package taco seasoning
- sour cream (optional)
- green onions (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a crockpot, add chicken broth and half the package of taco seasoning.
- Whisk together to blend.
- Add chicken thighs to crock pot and the rest of taco seasoning on top of chicken thighs.
- Push down a little on the thighs to submerge them a bit.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with sour cream and garnish with green onions and red pepper flakes (optional).