Keto Hemp Seed Granola
Keto granola is a great way to get your fats and protein in and have a tasty treat at the same time. This can be used as cereal with almond milk, or on yogurt with a few berries, or even just as a delicious snack.
Why Include Hemp Seeds?
I am not sure if many people know what hemp seeds are. They are also known as hemp hearts and are of the hemp plant Cannabis sativa. These seeds are high in protein and high in fat while being low in carbs, as well as a lot of other health benefits, this makes it perfect for keto. Hemp seeds have no mind-altering effects, they are just super nutritious and a great addition to this granola.
Store-Bought Vs Homemade
I personally think that homemade is just better. This is no exception, I have looked at lots of granola in the stores and they all have bad ingredients that I do not want to eat. I know that store-bought is easier, but this granola takes no time at all to prepare. This recipe is not really the cluster kind of granola, but it is really healthy and delicious, plus easy to make. You can store this granola in an airtight container for several months, but it never lasts that long in my house.
Check out our breakfast muffins that also include hemp seeds.
- Preheat oven 275°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse 1 ½ cups of the mixed nuts. You don’t want to pulse too much, just enough to break them into pieces. Put into a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add seeds and the remaining nuts. Mix together.
- Blend ½ cup of the nut and seed mixture with 2 Tbsp. melted butter in the food processor until smooth.
- In the bowl with the nuts and seeds, add the mixture from the food processor, the broken nut pieces, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and liquid stevia, mix together until well blended.
- Spread mixture evenly on the prepared parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.