Keto Colorful Roll Cake
I made this colorful keto roll cake because I love roll cakes. I think it is a great way to make an impressive dessert that is not that difficult to make but looks very impressive. We also have a pumpkin roll cake you might like to try.
Adapt To Any Holiday!!!
I was originally going to make a unicorn cake, but with all the different holidays this can be used for I decided to make it so that it can be easily adapted to any holiday. You could also make a unicorn cake from this recipe. It can be changed to whatever you need it for just by changing what colors you use for this. Such as blue and red for Fourth of July, orange and black for Halloween, red and green for Christmas, etc. You could also make it a unicorn cake or a rainbow cake, the possibilities are endless.
What Food Dye to Use
I used both the cheap food dye that you get in the grocery store and Wilton gel food coloring and it did not make a lot of difference. However, I think that the Wilton gel food coloring made a bit better color than the liquid food coloring but you can use whatever you have on hand. Whatever kind you use I very much suggest that you add a little, mix it in, and if needed add more. You can always add more, but if you add too much you can’t take it out. Also, with the Wilton gel food coloring, you only need a very little bit. I dipped the very tip of a butter knife into the gel and then mixed it in. If not the correct color add a bit more. You could even use the tip of a toothpick to add just a dap at a time.
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo-Keto Colorful Roll Cake.
- Serves: 12 slices
- Serving size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 277
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 58
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 6
- Cake Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup erythritol (powdered)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. psyllium husk
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Food Coloring
- Filling Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 Tbsp. erythritol (powdered)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cake Directions:
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs together with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes, until lemon yellow, then mix in sweeteners.
- Blend in sour cream and softened butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in apple cider vinegar and vanilla to batter, mix together.
- Equally separate batter into 4 or 5 bowls. Add a different color of food coloring to each bowl and mix well.
- Add each colored batter to a piping bag or a sandwich bag.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray.
- Pipe each color in diagonal lines across the parchment lined cookie sheet until each colored batter is used up.
- Tap the cookie sheet on the counter a couple of times to eliminate any bubbles and to even the batter out. Put it on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. It will spring back a bit when touched and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- When the cake is done, let cool for 5 – 10 minutes. After it has cooled, roll the cake with the parchment paper, starting from the short end. Try to make sure that the roll is tight as you are rolling.
- Leave on the counter to cool completely, at least 1 hour. Make the filling as the cake cools.
- Filling Directions
- Place softened butter and cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- In another bowl, add heavy cream and beat until whipped cream.
- Add the whipped cream to the butter and cream cheese mixture.
- Add powdered erythritol and beat all together until smooth.
- To Assemble:
- After the cake has cooled and the filling is made, unroll the cake gently so that it does not crack.
- When completely unrolled, spread the filling over the whole cake, leaving a bit of space at the end without filling.
- Roll the cake back up without the parchment paper. Make sure you keep it tight, but not too tight because the filling will spill out.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to overnight to set.
- Store in refrigerator.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.