Keto Avocado Hummus
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com
In this recipe, I actually made hummus keto friendly. I thought that when I became keto that I had to say goodbye to hummus, which was one of my favorites. However, I have been able to make this more keto friendly by adding in avocado, so it cuts down on the carbs for each serving and ups the fats. That is a win-win for anyone on the keto diet.
Sure a lot of people already know that hummus with avocado is a thing, but I have been keto for almost two years as I write this and I just found out. I discovered this at my day job (yes I have a day job, I would like to make this my full-time job, but for now I do work elsewhere) when a co-worker (Thanks Whitney 😁) was eating hummus with avocado for her lunch. I was like, “No way! What a great idea.” Then I got to work on making this a keto recipe. My recipe does not contain tahini, it just doesn’t need it. You will be blown away by how easy and delicious this recipe is.
So Super Easy
This recipe is so super easy you probably will never buy hummus again. It is also much cheaper just to make your own. It has only whole ingredients and can be made in a matter of minutes, ready to put out for guests or for a great snack. Scoop it with our Keto Crackers or fresh cut up vegetables and enjoy.
Also, try our Garlic Parm Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo – Keto Avocado Hummus.
Keto Avocado Hummus
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to a food processor.
- Peel and remove the seed from a medium ripe avocado. Cut into several sections and add to the food processor.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, water (add only 3 Tbsp. at first) minced garlic, cumin, salt.
- Blend together in the food processor until smooth. Add additional water if needed to make smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with extra olive oil and paprika.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.