Keto Cream Cheese Egg Cups
These are easy-to-make keto cream cheese egg cups. You will want them even when you don’t have those hectic, “got to get out of the house” mornings You can make these ahead of time, (on Sunday for example) and have them for a week of breakfasts. Store these in the fridge. When ready to eat, just wrap in a paper towel, then reheat in the microwave and your breakfast is done. For other easy breakfasts, you may want to try our keto cream of wheat recipe.
These egg cups hit on all my favorites: cream cheese, eggs, cheese, bacon, and a few veggies to even it all out. It is like having a big Saturday breakfast every day of the week. You may be asking yourself, “Why cream cheese in eggs?” Why not?! It gives a richness to the eggs that you are not able to get with just regular cream. You may never want to go back to just dull old eggs after tasting these!
Even though I give a full recipe here, of course, you can change out the add-ins. Such as putting cooked sausage in place of bacon or mushrooms in place of peppers and onions. Be creative and make them what you want. Enjoy!!!
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo – Keto Cream Cheese Egg Cups
- Serves: 12 egg cups
- Serving size: 1 egg cup
- Calories: 147
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 235
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 9
- 9 eggs
- 3 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 4 slices bacon (cooked)
- 1 cup sliced onions and peppers (cooked)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a skillet cook the onions and peppers until soft and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In that same skillet heat the bacon until cooked through and somewhat crispy.
- Remove bacon from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain some of the
greaseand to cool a little.
- When bacon has drained some and cooled a little. Cut the bacon
width wiseinto 1 ½ inch slices. You should have at least 12 pieces when you are done. If you have a few extra you can stick them in the cups or just eat them. Yum! Set bacon aside.
- In a blender add eggs, cream cheese, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Blend mixture until smooth and you can’t see any lumps from the cream cheese.
- In muffin cups pour in the egg mixture about a quarter of the way up.
- Place a piece of bacon in each of the muffin cups.
- Spoon peppers and onions equally on top of the bacon.
- Top equally with cheddar cheese.
- Pour the remaining egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until you can insert a knife or toothpick in the center of each cup and it comes out clean.
- Remove egg cups by sliding a knife around the edge of each cup and pop each one out. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up 5-6 days.