Keto Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Salted caramel ice cream is Michael’s favorite ice cream flavor, so of course, I had to make a Keto Salted Caramel Ice Cream. It is that wonderful contrast of sweet and salty that is sooo delicious.
Make from Scratch or Store Bought
Now, of course, you can just buy sugar-free caramel and that would be perfectly fine if that is what you want to do. However, you can make caramel right at home as well. We have a great caramel recipe right here on our site that you can make to add to this ice cream recipe. Either way, I am sure that your salted caramel ice cream will be great.
Summer Time Treats
With summer coming to a close I wanted to make a bunch of ice cream recipes and I have. I made a Fudge Pop, an Ice Cream Bar, and now this recipe. In addition, there will also be two more ice cream recipes next week and then we will be getting into the wonderful fall recipes. However, we are still enjoying all these yummy summer recipes.
Check out our other ice cream recipes.
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo–Keto Salted Caramel Ice Cream.
- Serves: 6-1/2 cup servings
- Serving size: ½ cup
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 36
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 46
- Protein: 1
- Make caramel before you make ice cream base.
- For Ice Cream Base:
- Mix together heavy cream, half and half, and sweetener.
- After making caramel let it cool to room temperature before heating cream mixture.
- Heat cream mixture in a microwave or on the stove until warm not hot.
- When the caramel is cooled to room temperature add the caramel to ice cream base.
- Add a little at a time at first just to make sure that the temperature of the cream is warm enough so that the caramel does not solidify. If it does solidify heat the cream a bit more.
- Add the rest of the caramel to the ice cream base and whisk together.
- Put into the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Once the ice cream base is chilled add to an ice cream maker and churn until thick, about 20 minutes.
- Put into a container and freeze.
- When you want to eat it, take it out of the freezer and let it set out for a few minutes to soften.
Prep time includes passive time for ice cream maker to churn and to make caramel.
Nutrition is for ice cream and one batch of the caramel recipe. If you make an additional batch please add this as extra.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.