Keto Ice Cream Bars
This is a recipe for a keto ice cream bar that I was going to name a really long name to convey what it actually is. However, I decided simple is better. The recipe is for a keto vanilla bar dipped in a peanut butter chocolate magic shell. Whatever the name I am sure you will call it delicious.
Summer in New York
The summers in New York last about 2 minutes. Okay, maybe not that short, but pretty close. Most of the year seems like winter here. Even though I don’t care for the extreme temperatures of the hot summer or freezing winter, I do enjoy the foods associated with both seasons. Ice cream in summer and hot chocolate in winter. It is great to be able to have these treats and still stay on my keto journey. If you fit it into your macros it is not cheating at all. Enjoy life and eat ice cream. Who said that? I think it was my mom. 🤣
More Ice Cream Recipes to Come
I wanted to make a few ice cream recipes for the summer. I have already made a Keto Fudge Pop recipe that is awesome, but I wanted to make an ice cream bar recipe too. This was another one of my favorite ice cream treats that I would have before going keto. Since I have not had an ice cream bar in over two years I thought it was about time. I will be doing more ice cream recipes before summer is over, so keep a watch out for those. I just purchased an ice pop mold so I am having fun coming up with all these new keto recipes for you.
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo–Keto Ice Cream Bars.
- Serves: 6 pops
- Serving size: 1 Ice Cream
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 28
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 39
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
- Ice Cream
- In a medium-size bowl, add heavy cream, half and half, vanilla, and stevia.
- Whisk together until blended.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
- Chocolate Coating
- Place a parchment-lined cookie sheet in the freezer before making the chocolate coating.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the unsweetened bakers chocolate and coconut oil.
- Heat until chocolate and oil are melted and smooth (this should be heated in 30-second intervals, keep a good eye on it so the chocolate does not seize or burn). You could also do this in a double boiler.
- Add peanut butter and stevia and whisk everything together.
- To Assemble
- Take the frozen ice cream bars out of the freezer. You can release them from their mold by running them under hot water.
- Place them on the parchment-lined cookie sheet and return to the freezer for a few minutes so that the ice cream is completely frozen.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the freezer.
- Spoon the chocolate coating over each of the ice cream bars, to cover completely. If the chocolate is a bit thick scrape off any excess or you may not have enough to finish all them
- Place the already finished bars on the parchment-lined frozen cookie sheet. This will help to keep the ice cream bars (that are already done) from melting while you finish the rest.
- Once all the bars are finished being covered in the chocolate mixture, return the cookie sheet to the freezer and allow to set.
- After they are set you can move them to an airtight container and return them to the freezer.
- When you are ready to eat the ice cream bars, allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes so that they are not too hard to bite into. Enjoy!
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.