Keto Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
This pumpkin ice cream tastes like a delicious cold pumpkin pie and with the delish cookies it just pumpkiny goodness. What could be better than that for a fall dessert?
If you did not know, I was doing an ice cream series in the summer. I wanted to include a fall ice cream flavor as well. I do hope that you all loved the ice cream recipes as much as I loved creating them for all of you.
Fall Is My Favorite Time of Year
I just love all the fall recipes and the crisp weather. It is like a breath of fresh air after the hot summer heat. Plus, I enjoy getting ready for winter and all the holidays. It is a great time of year. So, of course, this is a fall recipe. I am going to be doing other fall recipes with other flavors, but I love pumpkin, as most of us do this time of year.
As The Ice Cream Churns
Sounds like a soap opera. 😂 I know that a lot of people may not have ice cream makers, but the quality of the ice cream made in an ice cream maker is, in my opinion, far better and creamier than if you do a no-churn recipe. You can do ice cream pops no-churn without a problem, but if you want a bowl of ice cream (or if you wanted to make these ice cream sandwiches) then an ice cream maker makes all the difference. I know some people would disagree, but like I said this is only my opinion. I have been making ice cream in my ice cream maker for years and now that I am keto it is even more important (for me at least) to have an ice cream maker.
Low-carb ice creams are good but expensive. They often have ingredients that I would rather not have in my ice cream. If you want no-churn ice cream you could make one of our ice cream bars. They are really yummy and will hit the spot for sure.
Here are our other ice cream recipes:
Salted Caramel Ice Cream (uses an ice cream maker)
These are no-churn, but will need an ice cream mold:
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo–Keto Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- Serves: 9 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Serving size: 1 Ice cream sandwich
- Calories: 392
- Fat: 35
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 127
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 6
- Make a batch of our Cream Cheese Pumpkin Cookies and let cool completely. Put them in the refrigerator after the cookies have cooled completely for at least 1 hour.
- Make the Ice Cream:
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the ingredients until completely incorporated.
- Add ice cream base to an ice cream maker and churn until thick, about 20 minutes.
- While the ice cream is churning place a parchment-lined metal cookie sheet in the freezer.
- When the ice cream is thick (using an ice cream scoop) scoop mounds of ice cream on the frozen cookie sheet. Make the mounds about the size of your cookies and press down a little with a spoon to make them flat. Repeat this until you have 9 mounds. Place back into the freezer to set.
- You may have extra ice cream leftover, this can be placed into a bowl or fat bomb molds to enjoy as extra treats.
- When the ice cream mounds are set peel them off the parchment paper and place each mold between two cookies. Wrap the sandwich in cling wrap. Repeat this until all the cookies are filled.
- Place the wrapped ice cream sandwiches in an airtight container and return to the freezer.
- When you want to enjoy an ice cream sandwich remove from the freezer and let it sit for a few minutes to soften.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.