This is a great way to start your day, especially if your mornings are hectic and you don’t have time to eat. Just blend yourself a delicious bulletproof coffee and it will keep you going so you are full and energized. It makes eating keto a lot easier if you have simple go-to things to have when you can’t sit for a meal. Plus, it is just yummy, so nice, and frothy. What could be better? I make it even when I am not in a rush just because it is delicious.
To Flavor or Not to Flavor
Personally, I add flavoring to this also because it just makes it that much better. We have several kinds of emulsions or extracts that I add to my coffee. I only add a little bit, but it makes a big difference in the taste. Emulsions are suspended in water, not alcohol like extracts, so you don’t get the sting of the alcohol. Still, you could always just use an extract or I know some people use sugar-free syrups (I don’t really like those but if you do then you could add that).
Want to Fat Fast?
You could also just add pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to flavor it if you would rather. There are also people that don’t add heavy cream to their bulletproof coffee, but I think it makes it much better. I wouldn’t drink a coffee without cream if I was just making a cup of coffee, so why do it if I am making a bulletproof coffee? Experiment with it to get it to taste the way you want. If you only want fat and no protein, carbs etc for a fat fast this is the way to go.
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo-Bulletproof Coffee
- 1½ cups brewed coffee
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- ½-1 tsp emulsion or extract optional
- liquid stevia to taste
- Brew coffee as you normally would.
- In a coffee mug, add butter, coconut oil, heavy cream and any optional ingredients.
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend for 30 seconds until thick and frothy. Enjoy
- Note: Standard bulletproof coffee is MCT oil and butter with coffee, but this is how I prefer my bulletproof coffee. You can also use tea or bone broth instead of coffee. Experiment and have fun with what your preference is.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.