Keto Boston Cream Pie
This Keto Boston Cream Pie is a recreation of a classic Boston Cream Pie recipe. As with most of the recipes that I make, my husband said, “I would really like Boston cream pie.” So, I got to work on how I could make this keto. The end result came out amazing, I really hope that you make this for your family. My family was so happy that I did.
Ideas from a Valentine Card
He got the idea from a Valentine card he got for me this past Valentine’s Day. On the card, there are two cartoon dogs holding hands and from a distance, it has the colors of Boston cream pie. so it reminded him that he hasn’t had one of his favorite desserts in a while. Leave it to my husband to get hungry from my Valentine’s Day card. So glad he did though because it led to this amazing recipe.
It May Seem Difficult But It Really Isn’t
There are several steps in this recipe, but it is pretty easy to follow. If you can make a regular cake you can make this. You will, for sure, want to make this for an upcoming birthday/celebration or bring to a family gathering. All your non-keto friends and family won’t even know it’s keto, it is that delicious.
Don’t forget to share with all your friends and family. Low carb or not this cake is just Yum!!!
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo-Keto Boston Cream Pie
Keto Boston Cream Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate eggs with egg whites in one bowl and egg yolks in another bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine almond flour, protein powder, powdered erythritol, and baking powder.
- Add egg yolks, almond milk, oil, and vanilla to dry ingredients.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined.
- Then, beat an additional 3 minutes on high speed and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium to high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add egg whites to egg yolks batter and fold in.
- Gently pour the batter into 2 8 inch greased cake pans.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Cool completely before removing from pans.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, add heavy cream and butter until the cream has bubbles around the top edge of the heavy cream. Do not boil.
- Add sweetener and xantham gum.
- Add egg yolks to a bowl.
- Temper the egg yolks by adding some of the hot cream to the egg yolk bowl, mix in.
- This will bring the egg yolks up to the temperature of the cream mixture so it won’t scramble when you add it to the hot heavy cream mixture.
- Add the egg yolks to the heavy cream mixture, whisking consistently.
- When the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- The custard should coat the back of a spoon.
- Transfer the custard to a bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- This can be made ahead of time and just store in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Break up unsweetened chocolate and butter.
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Do not cover.
- Whisk the cream every so often to keep from breaking.
- Watch the cream closely and remove from the burner as soon as it gets bubbles around the top edge just before the boiling point. Do not boil.
- Pour over chocolate and butter.
- Whisk until fully combined. It will take a couple of minutes of whisking to incorporate... be patient it will come together.
- Add stevia and whisk it into the smooth chocolate mixture.
To assemble the cake:
- Remove cooled cakes from the pans.
- Place one of the cakes on a serving plate or cake stand.
- Put on the custard onto the bottom cake layer and spread evenly across.
- Be sure not to get too close to the edge because it will spill out when you put the top layer on.
- Top with the second layer of cake.
- Pour chocolate ganache over and down the sides of the cake.
- Store in the refrigerator.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.