Rate This Recipe!
Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
This is a great recipe for keto chocolate cupcakes. I have perfected this recipe over several months of trial and error. If you are looking for a healthy chocolate treat for a celebration or just for dessert you should give this recipe a try.
Best Cupcakes Ever!!!
These cupcakes are the best! They have a wonderful chocolate taste that is enhanced by the addition of the coffee. I also added sour cream which makes baked goods much moister. It is everything that a great cupcake should be. It does deflate a bit in the middle of the cupcake; this is perfectly normal and has happened every time I have made this cupcake. I just fill it with more frosting… it is a built-in extra frosting holder. Yummy!!!
To Frost or Not To Frost?
I love frosting, but Michael does not care for frosting at all. So if you are like Michael, you could also omit the frosting and add chocolate chips and walnuts to the batter before baking, then just not frost them. I have made them both ways and they are really good either way. If you do decide to frost these we also have a frosting recipe that is really good.
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo-Keto Chocolate Cupcake.
- Serves: 12 cupcakes
- Serving size: 1 unfrosted cupcake
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 251
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 15
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup erythritol
- ¼ cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. unflavored protein powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup brewed coffee
- 1 oz. unsweetened bakers chocolate (melted)
- ½ Tbsp. liquid stevia
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- [TIP: If you do not want to frost these you could add sugar-free chocolate chips and walnuts instead.]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 12 cupcake or muffin pan with cooking spray (or line with paper liners) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Add softened butter, sour cream, and brewed coffee to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Melt bakers chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds intervals until fully melted.
- Add melted chocolate to the ingredients and mix well. This will cool the chocolate before adding the eggs.
- Add stevia and eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Divide batter between prepared cups.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Frost cupcakes using our frosting recipe or your favorite sugar-free frosting.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you included the optional add-ins and don’t frost these, they can be stored at room temperature.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.