Keto Chocolate and Vanilla Frosting
This is a recipe for keto vanilla and chocolate frosting. I personally love any frosting and with this recipe, you can make either chocolate, vanilla, or both just by what you add to the recipe and still keep it keto.
Chocolate or Vanilla or Both?
If you want just vanilla, then you add vanilla extract and you’re done. If you want chocolate, omit the vanilla extract and add unsweetened cocoa powder to the frosting. Both ways are really delicious. This is the same frosting that is used for our Keto Half Moon Cookies. For that recipe, I use both chocolate and vanilla frosting on the same cookie and it is so good.
Frostings, Be Free To Be Yourself
Is this frosting a cream cheese frosting, a buttercream frosting, or a whipped cream frosting? Well, this frosting is a combination of all of the above. I didn’t want just one kind of frosting so I combined them. It is a soft frosting that is also sturdy. That is great for any cake, cookie, or cupcake you want to put it on. If it is too soft when you make it, just pop it into the refrigerator and it will thicken up. If you need it right away you can add a pinch of xanthan gum to make it thicker. I hope this becomes a go-to frosting for you just like it is for me.
Other desserts you want to check out:
Keto Vanilla and Chocolate Frosting
- Add softened butter and cream cheese into a bowl. Mix together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix heavy cream until it is formed into whipped cream.
- Add the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add stevia and blend all together.
- If you are making chocolate frosting follow the next step. If you are making vanilla just add vanilla extract and skip the next step.
- Put in cocoa powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- ***If you find the frosting too soft, put it in the refrigerator for a bit. If you need to use it right away you can add a pinch of xanthan gum to firm it up.***
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups for vanilla frosting and 1 1/4 cups for chocolate frosting.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.