Easy Keto Mixed Berry Skillet Pancake
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com
Don’t you just love pancakes? I do. However, all the pouring and flipping just takes forever. I have made a keto skillet pancake that is so super easy that you could even have this for a weekday dinner. What? Pancakes for dinner?! It only takes a couple of minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake and dinner is done. I love easy no-fuss dinner, especially ones as tasty as this skillet pancake.
Not Exactly German Pancakes But Still Delish
My husband used to make German pancakes for dinner (or Sunday brunch) before we started keto. I wanted to create something similar to that but in keto form. This is not exactly German pancakes, but it is close and delicious just the same. In the German pancakes that my husband would make he would put sliced apples in it. To make it more keto-friendly I have added mixed berries instead and topped it with whipped cream (we used to do that anyway before) or you could dust it with powdered erythritol.
So Satisfying and Filling
I have made this a couple of different ways and I like it best the way I have it in the recipe. However, you could top it with the fruit after it cooks or mix the fruit into the batter and then bake it. Whatever way you want to make it I am sure it will be yummy. This makes 4 big pancake wedges or 8 smaller ones. It is super filling and satisfying. I make this for my husband, myself, and my two kids (one adult man and one older teenage boy).
Make it the way you want!!!
This could also be made without fruit and flavored with extracts or emulsions. I also made this with banana emulsion and walnuts and it was really good. You could also do blueberries or sugar-free chocolate chips, just like you would for regular pancakes. The pancake is a base that you could add different flavors to.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo-Easy Keto Mixed Berry Skillet Pancake
Keto Mixed Berry Skillet Pancake
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup greek yogurt lowest carb that you can find, the one I used was around 2 grams carbs for 1/4 cup
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp unflavored protein powder
- 1/2 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp erythritol
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed berries fresh or frozen
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Put butter in a pan and let the butter melt, coating the bottom. Make sure it is a deep pan that can go into the oven. If you don't have one you could transfer the fruit over to a casserole dish before adding in the pancake mixture.
- Add fruit and cook until soft.
- in a medium bowl mix together heavy cream, greek yogurt, and eggs until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add vanilla and mix in.
- When the fruit is cooked and softened, mash down any big strawberries so the fruit is more uniform in size.
- Pour the pancake mixture over the fruit in the same pan you cooked the fruit in or transfer the fruit to a casserole dish and then pour the pancake mixture over fruit.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the center and it is golden brown on top.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Cut and serve with whipped cream or powdered erythritol (optional).
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.