Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
I just had to make a keto strawberry ice cream. Summer is a great time to have fresh fruits and vegetables and one of my favorite fruits even before becoming keto is strawberries. This ice cream is light, yummy, and really hits the spot on a hot day or anytime.
Fresh Berries Are the Best
Just because you are keto does not mean that you have to give up delicious foods. This is a great example of the wonderful dessert that you can still have on a keto diet. I love having fresh berries and this is a great way to showcase fresh berries in a wonderful treat for the whole family. I do have other recipes that you can use frozen berries with, but when it is berry season I much prefer to use fresh fruit.
For the Love of Ice Cream
I would rather not heat up the oven on a hot day, so you can make this ice cream in half an hour and dessert is ready. I love using my ice cream maker. It is so much better, in my opinion, to make ice cream at home than to buy commercial ice cream that has a bunch of ingredients not very good for you. This recipe is cool and a perfect dessert for summer or anytime.
More Ice Cream Recipes To Try:
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo–Keto Strawberry Ice Cream.
- Serves: 1 batch
- Serving size: ½ Cup
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 29
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 49
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
- Hull and chop up 1 ½ cups strawberries. Puree 1 cup strawberries and reserve the other ½ cup to add at the end to mix into ice cream. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add heavy cream, half and half and sour cream. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add in pureed strawberries and sweetener and whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the ice cream base into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer instructions. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes or until soft-serve consistency.
- Add the last ½ cup of chopped strawberries a couple of minutes before the ice cream is done churning so they get well incorporated into the ice cream.
- Enjoy immediately or transfer to an airtight container and freeze.
- This will get harder the longer you freeze it. Take it out of the freezer and leave out on the counter to soften to enjoy after it has been in the freezer.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.