Best Low Carb/Keto Bread
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com
This is my take on keto bread and it is fabulous. I tried to make my own bread recipe so many times since starting keto and all were a complete failure… until now. This is an absolute winner! I could not be happier that I have made a keto bread for all of you that actually tastes like real bread.
Keto Grilled Cheese? Yes Please!!!
I was craving grilled cheese so much since starting keto and I have now satisfied that craving using this bread. It toasts great and grills up for grilled cheese like regular bread. I even gave some to my kids and they said it tastes just like the 12-grain bread that I still buy for them (as they are not keto).
Would you like toast with that?
Bread is one of those things that I could not go without completely. Even after being on keto for over a year I still crave it once in a while. With this yummy bread, I can have bread that still fits into my macros. Life is sweet. 😉
This recipe is NOT gluten-free, so if you have problems with gluten this recipe will not work for you. However, it is fine for keto as it is low carb. We do not have gluten allergies so it works fine for our keto lifestyle.
Other recipes you may like:
Nutrition for the recipe is on My Fitness Pal just search Certainlyketo-Best Low Carb/Keto Bread
Best Low Carb/Keto Bread
- Empty the contents of the yeast packet into a bowl with the sugar, add warm water, and gently whisk until combined.
- Set aside and allow to proof for 10 minutes. Be sure that the yeast is producing bubbles before you add it to the recipe or the bread won’t rise correctly.
- In a separate bowl add almond flour, wheat gluten, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir with a spoon or rubber spatula until well mixed.
- Make sure you wait until the yeast has sat for 10 minutes before moving to the next step.
- Add whisked eggs, apple cider vinegar, and proofed yeast mixture to dry ingredients.
- Gently mix together with a spoon or a rubber spatula until everything is combined together.
- If using a stand mixer, DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour into a well-greased loaf pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, fill with water and place it in the microwave for 2 minutes or until it boils.
- After the water is heated, place the loaf pan uncovered into the microwave with the bowl of hot water.
- Leave the loaf pan in the microwave (with the microwave off) with the bowl of water for a ½ hour.
- After a ½ hour take out the pan and reheat the water for another minute. Be careful the water will be very hot.
- Then place the loaf pan back into the microwave with the bowl for another ½ hour.
- The bread should have risen to the top of the pan by this time.
- Place in a preheated 350°F oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
- If you have problems removing the bread from the pan, run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen it from the side. As you run the knife around, press up gently on the bottom to release it, and it should pop right out.
- Store in the refrigerator.
We are participants in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we earn small fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This in no way impacts the price of any item for the customer.